Jaime Nash Graduates from SC Economic Development InstituteTeam
Jaime Wells Nash, our Director of Marketing, recently graduated from the S.C. Economic Development Institute (Institute).
The program, currently in its 28th year, is a collaborative effort between The S.C. Department of Commerce (S.C. Commerce) and S.C. Economic Developers’ Association (SCEDA), designed to teach participants innovative development approaches for implementation in local communities. In a highly interactive curriculum, participants obtain hands-on economic development knowledge.
The Institute takes place over a series of quarterly two-day sessions in various locations throughout the state. Sessions were held in Newberry, Lake City, Seneca, and Sumter, giving participants the opportunity to tour various economic development case studies in those locales. During the sessions attendees gained insight into issues relating to leadership and communication skills; community development; business and industrial development; and product development.
“I am grateful for the hands-on learning experiences and knowledge gained during the program and look forward to the using the advancement of my professional skills to the benefit of our company and our clients,” said Nash.
“The Institute has long been a powerful tool in South Carolina’s economic development arsenal,” said Secretary of Commerce Bobby Hitt. “The success South Carolina has enjoyed in recent years can, in large part, be attributed to the remarkable amount of collaboration and teamwork that has taken place across this state. Programs like the Institute help us ensure that our team is knowledgeable, innovative and unified.”
A complete list of the 49 graduates is below.
- Gregory Alexander, Greater Lake City Community Development Office
- Yanet Alvarez, Sumter Economic Development / TheLINK
- Kelci Avery, S.C. Department of Commerce
- Janet Bedenbaugh, S.C. Technical College System
- Rita Berry, Greater Summerville / Dorchester County Chamber
- Lewis Brown, Darlington County Economic Development Partnership
- Murray Coleman, United Way of the Midlands
- Laura Corder, S.C. Department of Commerce
- Laura Cox, Anderson County Economic Development
- Sonja Craig, City of Union
- Paul Cuenin, Greenwood Partnership Alliance
- Ray Davidson, S.C. Department of Commerce
- Daja Dial, Oconee Economic Alliance
- Charlie Eadie, Claris Construction Company
- Hope Lanier Freeman, BP America
- David Garner, Abbeville County
- Lee Given, Orangeburg County Development Commission
- Sharon Hammond, Bamberg County
- Elyssa Haven, City of Newberry
- Emily Hodge, Oconee Economic Alliance
- Kevin Howard, City of Greenville
- Lara Hudson, Uptown Greenwood Development Commission
- Ashley Jaillette, S.C. Association of Technical College Commissioners
- Matt Kneece, S.C. Department of Commerce
- Perry MacLennan, Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd P.A.
- Kim Mann, Richland County Economic Development
- Andrew Merriman, York County
- Rachelle Moody, City of Cayce
- Vicki Morgan, City of Union
- Jaime Wells Nash, Roebuck Buildings Co. Inc.
- Anita Patel, S.C. Department of Commerce
- Douglas Polen, Town of Moncks Corner
- Kirsten Pratt, S.C. Technical College System
- Josh Rabon, CEC
- Susan Ramey, City of Westminster
- William Roach, Jr., Union County Development Board
- Whitney Robertson, Laurens County Development Corporation
- Michael Sell, City of Greer
- David Sides, Lynches River Electric Cooperative
- Demetrius Smith, Apprenticeship Carolina
- Kimberly Spears, City of Anderson
- Ray Switzer, Union County Development Board
- Bryan Thomas, W.K. Dickson & Co., Inc.
- William J. Unthank, City of West Columbia
- Holly West, Colite Technologies
- Matt Wiggins, S.C. Department of Commerce
- Brandon Wilkerson, S.C. Department of Commerce
- Dolton Williams, Union County Development Board
- Carroll Williamson, City of Cayce
Graduates not pictured are Andrew Merriman of York County and Anita Patel of the S.C. Department of Commerce.
Roebuck Buildings Announces Mill Renovation Project in Spartanburg, SC
We're excited to begin the renovation of Star Mill, located in the Northside Community of Spartanburg. We are working with BF Holdings, LLC (who recently completed the Montgomery Building renovation) and SHLTR Architects to renovate the old Star Mill. Once a hosiery...
Project Completed: Highland Baking
Highland Baking Construction TimelapseWhat do you say when your team completes a structural steel and insulated metal panels (IMP) facility with the entire roof covered in solar panels and includes four commercial air conditioning units to keep the 34,000 SF x 50’...
Roebuck Buildings Announces New Project with Marlboro Development Team
We are pleased to partner with Marlboro Development Team, Inc. to build a new 50,000 square foot facility for KP Components in Pickens County, South Carolina. The design team also includes Green Arch Designs and Davis & Floyd, Inc. KP Components, an affiliate of...